Snooky and Mrs. King

Snooky, whom we renamed as Princess, has been with us for the past 3 weeks. She was previously the furkid of Mrs. King. With time, Mrs. King started to forget to feed Princess or to clean her litter pan. Mrs. King was eventually placed in a local nursing home at the age of 90. Snooky was placed for adoption by Goliath and Bebe's World. When she wasn't adopted due to her age and the fact that she didn't 'show' well at Petco, we adopted her. Mrs. King was told that Snooky was being fostered until she could return to take care of her, but I think she knew that her loved one was forever in another home.
My wife Karen went to see Mrs. King in the nursing home after she had told a neighbor that she greatly missed Snooky. Karen brought Mrs. King a photo of Snooky that I took the day before. When Mrs. King saw the photo she burst out in tears and said "That's my best friend." She thanked Karen for taking care of Snooky and said she would never take Snooky from us because she could tell that we loved her. Mrs. King said that she would love to have her back if she could.
We are going to take Princess (Snooky) to see Mrs. King tomorrow. The love that she has for her furkid transcends poor health and time. We will reunite her with her beloved Snooky once again as her days near their end so she can say goodbye to her favorite little girl.


3 Comments:
Oh God, this post made me cry. You are such a special person to do this. It is these things that make me have hope for this world.
Bless your heart..I have 7 and often think of what would happen to them if I suddenly passed away. It's something we should all prepare..a place for our much loved furkids to go to should this happen.
I think it's a wonderful honor you do both Mrs.King..Snooky aka Princess and yourselves by acknowledging love is love..no matter it be between humans or animals & humans. They are my best friends too...great gifts to this world and us.
So thank you from one cat lover to another..and all my best to Mrs. King.
Wow. I came to your blog because you commented on mine. Your story of Snooky and Mrs. King is very touching and I think you and your wife are very very kind to do these things for both Mrs. King and for Princess (Snooky).
Post a Comment
<< Home