Perception is reality???????!!!!!!!!!
We had a faculty meeting this morning in which one of the slides displayed just the words "Perception Is Reality". Well folks, it's finally happened. I am afraid that education is starting to worry more about image than in teaching. I hope I am wrong about that.


2 Comments:
We have had that same phrase come up in a meeting in relation to how students perceive life is their reality. While it not be reality reality, I can see what they mean. Now if they would apply some of that compassion to teachers. My reality is that our educational system is wack.
Unfortunately, when our fearless leader displayed it, he was using it to illustrate his statement that it doesn't matter what the truth is concerning a student when you talk to their parent. The perception that parent has about the situation is reality. He went on to say that teachers should do all we could to cultivate an image that our school was excellent. This 'image is everything' concept just makes me cringe!
Post a Comment
<< Home