Thursday, March 29, 2007

Guilty Pleasures - KISS


OK, I admit it. I've been a fan of the original lineup of KISS since the 1970's. Their music isn't intricate and it will never be mistaken for classical music. In spite of that, the great drumming of Peter combined with the smooth solos of Ace, raspy singing of Paul, and solid bass of Gene gives their energetic performances a special spark that most groups today simply don't have. When I'm depressed and need a lift I reach for their DVD set 1. It's time to... call out the firehouse!!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i couldn't remember one of the group's song, but i will surely be able to recognize when i hear it. hmmmm, i need to go the music store to find it out.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Ken Albin said...

"Beth", "Detroit Rock City", "Do You Love Me?", "Calling Doctor Love", and "Firehouse", to name a few.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home