Monday, July 16, 2007

Walking and Signs


"And the sign said anybody caught trespassing would be shot on sight
So I jumped on the fence and yelled at the house, Hey! what gives you the right
To put up a fence to keep me out or to keep mother nature in
If God was here, he'd tell you to your face, man you're some kinda sinner.

Sign Sign everywhere a sign
Blocking out the scenery breaking my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?"

- Five Man Electrical Band

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Blogger Aldon Hynes said...

Another great song to add to the mix is the often skipped verse of This Land is Your Land by Woody Guthrie

As I went walking I saw a sign there
And on the sign it said "No Trespassing."
But on the other side it didn't say nothing,
That side was made for you and me.

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha..I thought about the same song of Woody Guthrie.

Well, there are rules everywhere and people want to keep in control of others. Maybe they'd better control what they control.

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a sign before "Don't Throw Trash Here" (Translation from my language) and right below it was a mountain of trash :)

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger T - Another Geek Girl said...

I love that song.
It brought out the rebel in me.

Where are all the rebels now?
We need a new song I think!

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Ken Albin said...

I think all of the rebels are getting older like I am, I'm afraid. The new songs are mostly about "me,me,me" and how 'hot' I look. Image is everything, you know!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger T - Another Geek Girl said...

Now see! You do look rather sexy in that photo. Giving me that 'come hither' look and all.

Or is that an 'I wonder if they really do have a gun?' look?
Here in Kennesaw citizens are still required to keep a gun in their homes-- left over from the days when a militia could be needed at a moments notice. Now they just use it to shoot people like you ;)

Suddenly I see you standing there with Britney Spears' 'Hit me baby, one more time' playing in the background instead of Signs. Not that I mind. You have lovely legs either way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home