Bartram High and Teaching
It has been brought to my attention that many people from the local area are actually reading my little blog here and that some of them think that I am not happy as a teacher and that I think Bartram is a horrible school. I would like to put out my thoughts about that.
You know, a blog is a little bit like a diary. It is a place that you go to write about the things that impact you the most. Looking back at the earlier posts from the beginning outsiders may see some of the comments as very negative towards the school, teaching, and education in general. What everyone should realize is that a blog is not the real world. It is simply a brief series of posts that talk about a few specific aspects of life happening at that moment. It is also a place where one pours out frustrations on those days when everything seems to be going wrong, and we all have them!
The purpose of this blog was to give a special inside look into the funny, odd, interesting, and sometimes chaotic and neurotic world of teaching at the high school level. When all is said and done, I would like it to be clear that I love teaching. It is a special profession that lets you make a real difference in a child's life. The school I work at is also special. Bartram has one of the best groups of teachers, administrators, and staff of any school in the state. Their humor, intellect, and drive inspires me every day.
The day that I stop enjoying teaching is the day I quit. Yes, it has its moments where you want to scream and run off down the road, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. This school is enhancing the lives of many students in so many ways. I am proud to be a part of this profession and this school. The parents in our county should be proud that their children have the opportunity to enjoy an education such as our school system provides them. We have one of the best school systems in this part of the country and don't you ever forget it.
So keep on reading, folks. Yes, I will still tell it like it is when things happen that shouldn't. I suppose I am just naive and too honest to change that aspect of my personality. Still, it's a great job and I love every day I come in (except for that day I had to catch the baby pigs in the hallway!). Hi parents. Hi Dr. Joyner!
Labels: Bartram, Florida, school, school. teacher, teaching


1 Comments:
I wish you didn't feel you had to explain. When I come here, sometimes I feel inspired, and other times I feel like I have a buddy who knows what it's like. The world doesn't need rose colored glasses when it comes to education.
Post a Comment
<< Home