Art Garfunkel Concert

I've always said that you can tell you're at an "oldies concert" because the line to the restroom is longer than the ticket line! Well, we've been getting more than our share of classic concerts in the area and we've been having a ball going to them. A couple of weeks ago we saw the Eagles. Tonight we just came back from seeing Art Garfunkel with the Jacksonville Symphony. Wow! Art sounds as mellow and sweet as he did 40 years ago and the JSO was spot on. Sometimes when orchestras play with pop or rock groups it is a complete trainwreck but I was very happily surprised to find the orchestra blended perfectly with Art's band. I literally had tears rolling down my cheeks as he put everything he had into singing "An American Tune", one of my favorites. It was a great night of beautiful music. In a couple of weeks we go to see another old favorite, Arlo Guthrie. Party on, Garth!!


1 Comments:
That sounds fun! I have played many of his songs on my guitar over the years!
And Arlo Guthrie? FUN! You can get anything you want, at Alice's restaurant... :-D I'll have that song stuck in my head now that I've thought of it.
Post a Comment
<< Home