Sunday, January 07, 2007

Priceless

My wife and I volunteered today for cat adoptions at Petco for our rescue group Goliath and Bebe's World. The first couple of hours we were really slammed with people wanting to see the cats we had. 5 cats were adopted, a great day. We also had several people who were interested in specific cats. Most of them will probably be back tomorrow to look at them again.

One woman who was checking out the cats looked at me funny and said "Are you Mr. Albin?" When I told her I was she told me that I had taught her back in high school. She was now married with 3 kids. I've had this happen so many times lately that I feel I've taught half of the county here!

Two people I adopted cats to previously came in to let me know their adoptees were doing great. It's always rewarding to hear when our adoptions are successful, as most of them are. We take special care to screen the prospective parents for suitability. Most of them are wonderful and give great homes to the furkids.

Today we had one little black female kitten who was found with an eye infection. The eye was so bad that it had to be removed. She has a fantastic personality and spirit in spite of her disability. It can be tough finding a home for a cat with a scarred face like that so I really pushed her sweet personality today with the visitors. I was so pleased that she found a good home! This little girl certainly deserved one after the hard life she had experienced the first few weeks of her life.


Technorati Tags: ,
,

1 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That story made my day. I'm so glad she found a home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home