Target Shooting
Dad and I used to do target shooting with rifles and pistols a lot. We did our own ammunition reloading. Now years later in this politically correct world we live in I can't just go out into the woods and shoot. Since that is the case, I recently got this Crosman 1377 pellet pistol and have been trying to knock off 25 years of shooting rustiness by practicing in the back yard.

I just got a box of German match pellets and tried them out. This is the target at 50 feet doing standing, offhand shooting. Though the Crosman is not a Walther match pistol, at $55 with open iron sights I didn't do too badly. I had one flyer when the wind knocked the target around, but the other 5 shots grouped at 2 inches and all shots were within 1 1/4 inches of the red bullseye.

Not too sloppy for not having shot in a quarter of a century. With practice I should be able to tighten up the group to an inch or so, hopefully. It's a lot of fun and I highly recommend the Crosman 1377 pistol as an inexpensive pistol. It is reasonably accurate and the pump mechanism means you don't need to buy CO2 cartridges. It is a single shot pistol. The limiting factor to accuracy is the open sight.
Though I don't believe in hunting, I love target shooting as a sport. I'm teaching Karen the wife how to shoot now. She is doing pretty good for a novice and may outshoot me one day after she practices.


3 Comments:
"She is doing pretty good for a novice and may outshoot me one day after she practices."
Understatement of the century :-) I'll bet she blows you away in short order - ladies tend to become outstanding shooters if given a chance to practice.
This sounds like a blast...um, I didn't mean it like that! Anyway, what is the range? I'd love to be able to go to my parent's house with Sage and do something like that.
50 feet is what I usually shoot pellet pistols at. Always practice good gun safety. Keep it pointed down and away when not shooting. Always assume it is loaded and cocked.
Post a Comment
<< Home