The Week
Well, I said goodbye to the seniors today as it was their last day before final exams.
One of my former students who is finishing his degree in Biology and is working at a medical lab part time came in to give a presentation to the Biology group. He showed a Powerpoint he made of his activities in the lab, The students started agar plates for specific bacteria and looked at algae used in a research study. They really appreciated this glimpse into the real world of science.
I am relaxing at the end of a busy week teaching. One of the cats just found a way to slip the elastic bands that close the cat food cabinet and is tossing cans onto the floor. I guess it is feeding time!
Labels: cats, school, school. teacher, seniors


2 Comments:
It's kinda a sad feeling isn't it? How awesome that your former student stopped by and did that for your kiddos. It definitely makes it all more relevant.
Yes, it is a bittersweet feeling for me leaving. I will miss the kids and being able to teach. The other side of the coin is that next year they are reducing the science staff again so they will be a skeleton crew compared to the 14 teachers we had during our best years. The school will be going to 45 minute classes so labs would be a major problem, though we didn't order much in the way of lab supplies due to the budget cuts. I am also hearing rumors of 40 student class sizes. With all of that I am probably fortunate to miss it. I feel sorry for those science teachers who will be remaining.
Post a Comment
<< Home