Another 3 years?
Can I make it another 3 years teaching? I just don't know. Today was the first day back at school for preplanning. My face has already flared up with my old friend Rosacea. Red blotches cover my face now. I came in after school and took a clonidine pill, MSM pills, oil pills, and sprayed my face with chamomile extract before slathering my face with a combination of Eucerin redness relief cream and a chamomile cream. Most of these treatments are anti-inflammatory and will hopefully beat down the redness.
As to the cause of this, I believe it was triggered by a combination of heat and hormone release because of nervousness. In spite of me telling myself to remain calm, the truth is that I am basically shy by nature and overreact to social situations. There isn't much I can do now except try to keep calm as the year gears up and treat the symptoms as best as I can. This type of rosacea with the flushing is difficult to successfully treat with pills or topicals but there isn't much else to do. It's hard enough to teach and to have to deal with this is really making me pull my hair out!


1 Comments:
The beginning of a school year is always stressful...that element of the unknown never quite leaves. Also, I have found education to be a cliquish, social stressful environment at times.
I like to knit at inservices when I can get away with it. It helps with the feeling that I should be running out of the room screaming...
Post a Comment
<< Home