Oh boy!
My Physical Science class is an odd bunch. It is my smallest class by far with only 17 students. It is also my most frustrating class to teach this term. I have one kid who I've already sent to the office twice and called his mother because of his silly behavior in class. They just took their first test and the majority of the class bombed it. Most of them didn't even bother to study for the test. Curious about their lack of performance or caring, I looked up their standardized test scores. It seems that 16 out of the 17 students performed below grade level on the tests. Also, about half of them have failed one or more science classes in high school. It's going to be a long semester with this bunch, but I'll keep plugging away. I've had success with worse groups in the past. I just hope I have enough energy to keep after them.


2 Comments:
Oddly, because of a really strange scheduling glitch, I once had a class with two students. It was horrible. Two alpha males with behavior problems who hated each other and who had learning disabilities. It was not fun.
That said, good luck with your class. I have found that those sorts of groups often have a different learning style and that you can adjust your teaching methods to better meet their needs.
I love to be be in a class with only 17 students. It feels so much better, but usually my classmates are regular students. LOL. =)
Good luck with that.
Post a Comment
<< Home