My wife's visit
As my wife, the city chemist, was planning on bringing in experiments to show the kids in what I humorously call her reminder of why she is not in teaching any more, I warned her about the class she was about to visit. I told her they were 17 of the more hardcore low performance kids we have and to expect any and all types of questions. She was not disappointed. One student asked "Who is smarter, you or Mr. Albin?" She paused and stammered a little before finding her poise. Another student asked "Is this stuff in the bag crap?" I sat in the back and tried not to grin while watching Karen field one oddball question after another. At the end of the period she was visibly relieved to be finished and she hurriedly packed up to leave. I told her that the kids enjoyed her visit so much that they wanted her back next week. She gave me a shocked look and said "Not on your life!" Karen will now go back to her quiet lab for another 6 months and I will stay to educate the inquisitive munchkins.


1 Comments:
At least they asked questions. Some of the kids I get seemed to have completely checked out.
Post a Comment
<< Home