Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Links

No, not the web kind of links. I've been looking back on my life recently and discovering all of the links I carry, all of the decisions that affected many peoples' lives for better or worse.



Here is a key link. It is Karen and I cutting the cake after our marriage. We had a small ceremony at a local Baptist church because we had to both be at teaching preplanning the next day. It was my second year teaching and Karen's first year. She stayed in it for 13 years before she realized that it was not the profession for her mild temperment and she became the city chemist here in St. Augustine after we moved. I stayed in teaching. Next Monday will be our 28th anniversary. A lot has happened since that time. I buried both of my parents, several pets, and some memories as well. We are living on 2 acres in a doublewide mobile home with 8 cats and a bunny. We have no children by choice since I see so many each day at work. Our cats and bunny are our children. It's basically a good life but sometimes I look back at all of the key decisions we made so lightly. Some of them worked out well and some did not.


Here is Karen today.


3 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww... that's really sweet! It is interesting to ponder the "what if" questions. It sounds like you're happy overall with your "what ifs" ...and what could be better than that? Congratulations on such a long marriage!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations, Ken and Karen. Thanks for sharing your blessings with all of us.

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Kath Lockett said...

Well done for 28 years - it's been 12 for us and it's still very very hard work.

Your Karen has a kind face

 

Post a Comment

<< Home