Saturday, November 17, 2007

Heavens, What Have We Done??

The better half and I were walking yesterday evening when she got a call from our vet's technician. She said that a guy called her and had two kittens he had trapped in his yard who needed a home. The tech was full up with pets at her house so she wanted Goliath and Bebe's World to find homes for the two girls. We went up to the vet this morning to evaluate the kittens. We looked them over carefully and they seemed to be in good health. They are about 5 weeks old so they are still too young to spay or check for FELV/Aids. I decided then and there that we would take them in ourselves. We have always adopted older cats who could not get adopted by others so having kittens is a first for us. They are isolated in the front room for a couple of weeks until they can be tested and spayed. We will then start the slow procedure of introducing the girls to our other 7 cats here.

I would like to introduce Ellen to you! She is the shyer of the two and will probably be a future lap cat.




and here is her look-a-like sister Elvira. Elvira is a real cutup, constantly playing and running around. We've only had them for less than a day now but Elvira is already bouncing all over the room.



So... we are back up to 9 cats in the house now. I think we will really have our hands full with these two girls!

5 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger Tawnya Shields said...

Oh they are so precious! It has been awhile since I have had kittens. Our girls are all spayed. I do miss kitten playtime.

Best wishes on your new family members. :o)

 
At 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are just absolutely GORGEOUS! It reminds me of when we saw our cat in the Shelter. She looked at me with the exact same look in her eyes as those cuties lol.

Thanks for sharing the photos. they made me smile.

Here via Blogexplosion.

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger BipolarBunny said...

Oh, they are so cute!!! Pretty blue eyes!

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the name Elvira...purrfect. Those are cuties. You guys are going to have your hands full with those babies. Watch out for cat bombing on your head at 3 AM!

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger JP (mom) said...

The girls are SO lovely!! I see what you mean about Ellen and her exquisitely blue eyes! Elvira is so sweet too ... such a lovely pair. Peace to you all, JP/deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home