Sunday, December 02, 2007

Pat Paulsen For President 2008 !!!


We grew up watching Pat Paulsen on the Smothers Brothers Show. Over the years I corresponded with his wife Noma several times. After dad died we were doing everything we could to keep mom active. Pat Paulsen was going to appear at a theatre within driving distance from us so we all dressed up in Pat Paulsen campaign hats and buttons and went to see him. We all had a very enjoyable time. Mom and Noma sat and chatted about their Yorkie and travels across the country. We met Pat during the intermission. He was very kind and talked with us until he had to go back on stage. A year later, in 1996, Pat passed away from complications due to cancer.

Anyway, enough of the past. It's another election year where the candidates all seem to have reached new lows in mediocrity. I say let's write in Pat Paulsen for President! Even deceased he is still a better candidate than these bozos running. Also, he still makes me smile. That's something the others never do. I do have an ulterior motive. As you can see in this photo of an inscription to me by Pat in his book "Pat Paulsen For President", I get to be the next Vice President if Pat wins. As he always said, "Why not?" Below is a brief video of Pat in action during an earlier campaign. I love the snippets of his responses to audience questions! You can get memorabilia at Pat Paulsen For President Official Site



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home