Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Anatomy Student


(Before anyone asks, no, this is not an actual photo of my student!)
I just received an email from the math teacher of a kid I teach in Honors Anatomy. This student was not going to be in my class for the midterm tomorrow so he came into my 6th period class to take the exam early. He had told me that his math teacher would not mind him missing the start of his class for this but I told him to check with him beforehand anyway. When he came in to take the test I again asked him and he assured me that he had cleared it with the teacher. After the test he asked for a pass because he said the teacher wanted to know that he had been in my class. It sounded reasonable so I gave him a pass to class. This teacher said that he knew nothing about it and the kid came in 20 minutes late for a test they were taking. I recommended that he mark him as unexcused absent and penalize him accordingly. I will be taking action with this student the next time I see him as well. Honors student? Apparently not when it comes to telling the truth.

And they wonder why teacher blood pressures are usually so high!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger tomshideaway said...

Those smart one's you have to watch them...they try to bend the rules !!

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Fizzgig said...

I think id have a hard time believing kids at all! I'm pretty skeptical!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home