Friday, August 22, 2008

Tropical Storm Fay


We are still here though a little soggy at the moment. Fay has dumped around 8 inches of rain on us so far with another couple of inches predicted before it exits the scene. The house is fine but the yard is a lake. Ditches are overflowing everywhere and some roads are flooded. I will probably have to wade through several inches of water to get to the car so I can go to work Monday. It is the first day for the students here so staying home is not an option for me. Backstroke, anyone?

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Blogger inland empire restaurant and food reviews said...

I hope it dont get too much worse!!

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Get yer water wings and flippers and snorkel!
Not much better here, but then, at least here it is winter...

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger BipolarBunny said...

Glad you're okay.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Hanna said...

Oh my, it seems to be a real storm! It's like the sky has opened itself. Lol, that's an expression here, which we say when it rains cats and dogs.
Anyways, I hope it won't get any worse.

 
At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know. I may be doing it soon. We are right in Gustav's path. I hope the winds are not as strong as when Rita tore through here and took out our trees! I don't like having the risks but not the benefits of living on the coast!

Eight inches is a lot. I hope you had a great first day. I'll bet everyone was sopping wet.

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Um,,, how are you faring with Gustav Ken??

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Ken Albin said...

Katherine, it went around us. The next one coming may be closer to our location. Boy, it is an active storm year so far!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home