One of my students
I don't quite know where to begin. This morning at school we received the information that one of my students had died in an accident. One day he was in class and now he is not here. Quite a few of my students in that class were crying and upset. I think that part of their angst was grief over his loss and perhaps part of it was the sudden realization that they were not immortal. When you are young you think you will live forever. Something like this really drives home the fragility of our lives.
I will miss this student. He had a great sense of humor that I really valued. It is a tragic loss for his family, the school, and the community. He was talking about the future recently, not knowing that his time was limited on Earth.
The students are dealing with this by talking with counselors and making a card to send to the parents. Sometimes life is just not fair.


2 Comments:
We've had far too much of that here in Knoxville. Far too much.
It's so unbelievable how fast it goes. :/ From being alive and alert, to dead and nothing in the next day.
Post a Comment
<< Home