Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Calm Before The Storm


Here is a shot of my classroom today before the students invade here on their first school day Friday. I've been cleaning, unpacking, and putting up posters all week.



and here is a view of Bartram High School's courtyard area. I am enjoying the peace while it lasts!


Technorati Tags: , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh my gosh. The difference between our classrooms is like night and day. Ditto the schools, although at least mine has an old charm to it. You are brave to admit where you are teaching....I complain too much, and thus cannot come clean.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Ken Albin said...

I complain as well, but I suppose I am naive enough to believe in freedom of speech. If you can't speak the truth, there isn't much point in the educational system we are so proud of.
I know it's not a 'politically correct' point of view but at my age and after 27 years of teaching I hope I can afford to give an honest appraisal of the school system, the good and the bad. I've never been very diplomatic or subtle!

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Winn said...

nice classroom clean and neat. hehe...dont worry i think u can make it for another 3 yrs as a teacher. time fliesssssss.....b4 u know it. it could already be ur fourth! hah

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Douglas Vance Castagna said...

The empty class room sent chills up and down my sping. I cannot go back, No I cannot!!!!! I have no choice I guess. In NY we go back on the 31st. Damn where did the summer go?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home