Casper has cancer

A week ago our 12 year old momma's boy started having eye troubles. His pupils were both fixed and dilated. $3000 of tests later and an MRI showed a mass near the pituitary gland pressing on the optic chiasma. That was causing the eye problems. Friday we find out from the spinal tap what type of cancer it is. We see an oncologist Monday. Things look pretty grim for Casper but we are going to fight it any way we can while still giving him a decent quality of life. The tumor is inoperable. He is temporarily on prednisone to shrink the tumor.


2 Comments:
I'm just so sorry that the poor baby has to go through that. I feel for you guys too. I'm glad you live in a good area for help, though. Here, we don't have access to those resources. You're probably in one of the best places in the country, I'd imagine.
Good luck I hope he gets better. My cat is my baby too, I can only imagine what you must be going through!
Post a Comment
<< Home