Saturday, August 12, 2006

Mystery Painting



A lot of families have a painting that has been passed down through the generations. Here is mine. It is an unsigned picture that was originally hanging in a Tennessee farmhouse of my great-great grandmother's on my mother's side. Sorry about the glare in the top portion of the photo. The frame it is in is a decorative gilt design. It dates to the mid 1800's. Other than that I have no information about it. OK painting experts out there. What can you tell me about this photo? The well has a bucket with a rope and pole. The dress is apparently period dress. The picture was willed to me from mom when she died and I have always been curious as far as the exact date of it as well as any other information I could learn.


Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home