My Wife The Corpse
I enlisted my wife's help in setting up the mystery death scenario for the Biology classes. Luvey the cat volunteered her acting services so I wrote her into the video. After watching this video, looking at the autopsy summary (I used the Anna Nicole Smith autopsy because I knew it would be interesting!), and studying two microscopic samples, they had to come up with a cause of death and a description of the deceased person's life. The kids had fun with it and it was a good review on the scientific method and practice using the microscope.
Labels: autopsy, corpse, CSI, death, microscope, school, science. Biology, video, wife


2 Comments:
Apparently, it has been too long since I have stopped by your blog. School is just nuts! I hope your back is doing better. The kids who take your class are so incredibly fortunate. I wonder how my life would have been different if I'd had a science teacher who'd done activities like this?? Until I was an adult, I thought I didn't like science.
Your singing isn't bad at all. I cracked up when the first verse was about a rabbit. :-)
Thanks, Michelle. Coming from a great teacher like you that means a lot. I'll work on the singing. (grin)
Post a Comment
<< Home