Mixed Results For Next Year
I just got my tentative schedule for next year. The great news is that I am not scheduled to teach Chemistry! That is such a relief to me. The not-so-great news is that I have to move all my stuff to another room and I am slated for 4 preps. They have me teaching Biology I, Biology I Honors, Physical Science, and Anatomy/Physiology Honors. It's quite an assortment but considering the fact that our school is downsizing and we lost 4 science teachers I am not surprised at having to cover several subjects. I have taught all of these in the past and know I can handle it. The hardest part will probably be motivating the standard level classes. I hope they can be inspired to learn. Sometimes you get a standard group that is extremely low academically with a large percentage who are retaking the course. Memories of my "class from Hell" I taught a couple of years ago still send shivers down my spine. I will hope for the best and maybe I will be pleasantly surprised in that regard. Overall I feel I can deal with the schedule.
Addendum - They made a mistake about the room assignment number. I will apparently get to keep my room! Things are looking up.
Good news about the kitten Gabriella. The foster family who took her in fell in love with her and decided to adopt her! They say that Gabriella has quickly become an extreme "lap cat" who loves to snuggle. It's the first time the little gal has ever had a family who cared about her so she is really enjoying herself.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home