Casper Update

Here is Casper lying on the couch this morning. The shaved head fur was from the MRI procedure. The blue marks were placed after a CAT scan so they can accurately target his brain tumor. Casper begins radiation treatments next Tuesday.
He has been on prednisone and was just started on mirazapine for appetite stimulation. He feels better than last week, moving around more, sunning himself in the window, and coming up to us for petting. His energy level is still limited but he seems to not be in as much discomfort. His pupils have constricted to a degree and they again react to light. The prednisone appears to have temporarily reduced the swelling and the mirazapine has boosted his spirits some. It's good to see him more relaxed. Our main hope now is that the radiation will shrink the tumor without side effects. Our oncologist said that we could expect one to one and a half years of extra time with the treatment.


2 Comments:
All sorts of prayers to you and Karen and Casper. I posted on PB but his pic is wonderful. I am not a "cat" person but have had 1 kitty that I miss terribly. Doesn't matter. Any animal that steals your heart (and IMHO they all do) is special.
I hope the tests go well. Please let us know.
The triops eggs never hatched so we are letting them "hang out" in the dark.
Hi Ken,
I hope your kitty is feeling better soon. I also just wanted to say hello since you used to leave interesting comments at my blog and I recently returned to it after being away for some time.
Let us know how the cat's tests go.
Post a Comment
<< Home